Are you facing the problem of mouth breathing? There could be many reasons for this problem. Either you were born with this issue or it developed over the years due to untreated sleep apnea. Sometimes anatomical structure can be the cause of mouth breathing. Some people have chronic nasal congestion from allergies which results in an inability to breathe through the nose. The reason could be anything but there is a perfect solution for this problem and that is CPAP masks which means Continuous positive airway pressure masks.
Top 10 Best CPAP Mask for Mouth Breathers
1. RespLabs Nasal CPAP Mask Liners
First in the list is RespLabs Nasal CPAP Mask Liners. This mask liner is reusable and provides you the utmost comfort. This contains all the properties of an ideal CPAP mask liner. To learn more about this product, read on –
- This CPAP mask liner is universal as it fits most of the nasal CPAP masks.
- No one likes to wear machines made of bad fabric or design on their face. But this is not an issue with these masks as these are very sleek and stylish in design.
- These liners are very easy to clean so it gets very simple for you to take care of the hygiene of your face mask.
- This mask has designed with giving priority to the comfort of the user.
2. Snugz Mask Liners CPAP Mask Liners
Stop worrying about your mouth breathing problem with Snugz Mask Liners CPAP Mask Liners. These are one-size-fits-most liners that are designed for either full-face or nasal CPAP masks. It is modified to reduce noisy leaks and eliminate facial redness, pressure marks, and facial irritations. Check detailed features of this mask below –
- This CPAP mask liner is very long-lasting and is also reusable which makes it really cost-effective.
- These liners are moisture-wicking and very easy-to-use which takes care of your comfort.
- As it fits very gently on your face, it doesn’t cause any noisy leaks, irritation or redness.
- These mask liners are very simple to use and they require no cutting or modifications.
- These liners are latex-free and can be washed in a machine as well.
[ Read: Snugz Mask Liners CPAP Mask Liner ]
3. Built Medical Cloud Bamboo Organic Fabric Full-Face CPAP Mask Liner
Wake up well-rested and refreshed with Built Medical CPAP Mask Liner. This liner is made of bamboo fabric and it fits small and medium face masks very comfortably. These liners are engineered in a way that eliminates all the issues like skin irritation, redness, leaking, etc. Check all the features of this product below –
- Medical Cloud liners keep your mask moisture free which makes it ideal to use anytime, anywhere.
- As it is leak-resistant, it makes sure you are using your CPAP mask without any interruption.
- These liners have a very simple designing and are easily washable in the machine.
- Skin irritation can be a common problem while using CPAP masks, but this liner ensures that there won’t be any redness, irritation or discomfort while using it.
4. Denshine Full Face Mask for Sleep
Have an uninterrupted sleep pattern with the Denshine Full Face Mask. This mask is made with Silica Gel material. It comes with a headgear which is really easy to wear and has been designed taking your comfort into consideration. This CPAP mask is very stable, lightweight, durable, and extremely flexible. Check the detailed features of this mask below –
- Denishine face mask has a bilateral vent hole which reduces dead space.
- The provision of dual-wall cushion adds on to the softness and convenience of the mask.
- This mask allows you 360° elbow rotation due to which you get a flexible tube position.
- It is really simple to wear and operate and it is very effective as it creates no noise.
5. Ixaer Adjustable Full CPAP Face Mask
Here is one more amazing addition to the list of CPAP masks – ixaer Adjustable Full Face Mask. This mask checks almost all the features needed in an ideal CPAP mask. This full-face mask is made of the best quality silica gel. Learn more features of this mask below –
- ixaer face mask is designed in a way that it easily adapts to different faces, so you need not worry about how properly it will fit you.
- It is very easy to use and operate due to its extremely flexible built and mechanism.
- This mask allows you a comfortable good night’s sleep and you wake up energized and refreshed.
- This mask covers complete face making sure there won’t be any leak and at the same time takes care of your comfort while sleeping.
6. IMPRESA Full Face CPAP Mask Liners
IMPRESA Full Face CPAP Mask Liner is one more addition to the list of mask liners. These liners can be cut to fit perfectly any face shape as these can be customized the way you find it most effective and comfortable for you. These reusable liners come in a pack of 4. Check all the features below –
- Impresa CPAP mask reduces air leaks that help in reducing blisters.
- As it is made with a breathable fabric, it helps to reduce perspiration and irritation. Also, it doesn’t leave red marks on your skin.
- This is engineered with an improved seal that helps in reducing unnecessary whistling.
- This mask improves consistent oxygen intake and its tighter seal helps in preventing air leaks.
7. CPAP No Marks Strap Covers Pack
Here is one more essential that completes the CPAP mask is – CPAP No Marks Strap Cover. These covers are made with a very soft material that is extremely comfortable on the delicate skin of your face. These are made without using any velcro which adds on to its comfort level. Read on to know more about this product –
- No marks strap covers are designed in a way that they leave no redness or marks on your cheeks even after prolonged use of a CPAP mask.
- These covers are made of a very soft and thin fabric and they have purposefully avoided the use of any velcro while making these.
- The high-quality fabric is extra durable making this the most affordable solution to a comfortable sleep.
- These covers fit most of the CPAP mask perfectly and effortlessly.
8. Cloud Organic Bamboo CPAP Covers
Cloud Organic Bamboo covers are one more good option if you are looking for a comfortable cover for your CPAP mask. These covers are made of bamboo material which is a 4-way stretch fleece. This makes it unbelievably soft and comfortable to wear. These comfort covers wipe away moisture and eliminate strap marks. Keep on reading to know its detailed features –
- These covers are designed in such a way that they fit most of the CPAP masks easily.
- They offer superior CPAP mask comfort while you are asleep and make sure you get quality relaxation time.
- The covers are washable in the machine.
- Cloud organic bamboo covers also eliminate CPAP headgear strap marks on the face.
9. RespLabs Medical CPAP Mask Cleaning Wipes
While using the CPAP masks, one of the most important things you need to take care of is the hygiene of the mask and to make it super is for you, RespLabs Medical CPAP Mask Cleaning Wipes are here. These wipes are very simple to use and are extremely effective and efficient. Know its details below-
- RespLabs wipes take care of the comfort and cleanliness of the CPAP mask.
- These wipes can be used to clean the outside of the tubing and inside of the cuffs.
- The wipes are biodegradable, unscented and lint-free.
- These wipes are perfect to maintain the filtration, hygiene and the style of your CPAP mask.
CPAP Mask Buying Guide
Once you have been diagnosed with the problem of mouth breathing, no matter what the reason is the next ideal course of action should be selecting the best CPAP mask that suits your condition. There are plenty of manufacturers, types, and features of CPAP machines to consider while buying one.
Here are some general features you should take into account when deciding on the perfect CPAP mask for yourself
- Noise: Most of the CPAP machines nowadays create below 30 dB noise but some of them are quieter than others. If the sound of the machine is an important criterion for you, don’t forget to check the decibel levels of each machine.
- Ramp: If the CPAP machine has a ramp feature, it enables it to steadily build-up to the prescribed pressure and makes compliance much easier.
- Humidifier: CPAP machines now come with an added humidifier that takes care of dry, irritated airways caused due to continuous air being blown through them.
- Mask On/Off Alert: The mask might turn off due to tossing and turning in sleep. If the machine has an alert that beeps to remind the user that the mask has come loose, this can add to its efficiency.
- Portability: The size of the machine is also very important if you are a frequent traveler. In this case, the small, lightweight, compact machine will be the best for you.
- Heated tubing: If the machine has this feature, it helps in reducing condensation build-up in the tube and mask. This eliminates the occurrence of moisture creation.
- Data Recording: Machine those come with data recording feature can give you the information like – apnea events, hypopnea events, changes in pressure, leak rates, and information on snoring, and more.
After excogitating all the above aspects of an ideal CPAP mask, we have come up with the list of best CPAP masks, liners and covers for you. Read on and get well informed before making your final decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What type of CPAP mask should I use?
CPAP masks and headgear come in many styles and sizes to comfortably treat your condition. The type of mask to be selected depends upon your needs, preferences, and face shapes. You need to analyze these aspects first to know what type of CPAP mask will be perfect for you.
2. How long does a CPAP mask last?
Warranty period for most CPAP masks ranges between two and five years. This range is one of the indicators of the effective life of the machine. You can increase the effectiveness of the CPAP machine by maintaining and cleaning it on a regular basis.
3. Does CPAP mask stop snoring?
If the snoring is caused by sleep apnea, then the CPAP mask can surely help in curing it.
4. What are the side effects of using a CPAP machine?
It is very important to select the proper mask for yourself that fits you perfectly and suits your medical condition correctly. If you fail to do so it might cause some side effects as below –
3. Mask Leak
4. Dry, stuffy nose or nosebleeds
5. Skin irritations
6. Dry mouth
After reading all this information, you are completely prepped to decide on the CPAP mask and the rest of the requirements that come along with it. Just know your condition to the fullest and study what is most suited for you and then get yourself the perfect set of CPAP mask and you will never have to worry about mouth breathing, apnea, sleeplessness or any other such problems again.
We hope these reviews and buying guide will help you find the best CPAP masks for you. If you have any queries, you can get back to us.