No matter if you are a pilot or not, wearing a pilot watch on your wrist can definitely make you look classy and sharp. Even though there are no clear criteria to choose a pilot watch, the most important thing that anyone expects out of it is you should be able to see the numbers easily. To make it suitable for any weather condition, the numbers are usually bold with a big case. Some watches have special features like extra bezel markings, Dual Time features, etc.
As we all are aware of the fact that the traditional watches are pretty expensive. However, this should not let you compromise with your style statement and this is why; we tried looking for some amazing pilot watches that you can buy at an affordable price. Since the popularity of pilot watches is increasing, there are some amazing brands out there that offer the best pilot watches under the budget of $500. Let’s have a look at a few of them.
List of Best Pilot Watches Under $500
1. Citizen Men’s Eco-Drive Navihawk Atomic Timekeeping Watch, JY8035-04E
The Citizen Men’s Eco-Drive Pilot watch is an amazing and affordable way to get a classy style as it features some specialized aviation features. It is built using a simple yet revolutionary concept where it harnesses the power of light from a natural or artificial light source and then converts it into energy. The watch uses renewable energy to keep the watch running forever and thus, eliminates the need for battery replacement.
- Dial Type Analog-Digital
- The watch has a black dial and it has some amazing features like index hour markers, minute markers around the outer rim, perpetual calendar.
- Added functionalities Atomic timekeeping technology with synchronized time adjustments available in 43 world cities, power reserve indicator, multiple alarms.
- It is an imported watch.
- It looks sleek and classy.
- It is a light-powered watch with orange accents.
- The watch is water-resistant and is suitable for marine activities and surface water sports.
- It offers a great build quality.
- The watch is made using scratch-resistant materials.
- The watch doesn’t have a sapphire glass.
- It has an extremely busy dial.
- It gets a bit difficult to check the time in the dark.
- It is heavy.
- The quality of the strap is not that great.
- You cannot wear the watch while scuba diving.
2. Bulova Lunar Pilot Chronograph 96B251
The styling of this watch is unique and different from the usual models of Bulova watches that are generally highly polished, glittery, and sometimes even blingy. It looks subtle with a bead blasted texture along with a little bit of brushed finish over the bezel.
Its crystal includes a thick and flat slab of sapphire that is a bit protruding above the edge of the bezel.
- Dial Type Analog
- The dial of the watch is very precisely detailed and also features subdials and the tracks for seconds are present slightly below the level of the main dial.
- However, the tachymeter track is raised above the main dial that gives it a nice three-dimensional effect.
- The watch offers super luminous hands and markers.
- It is made using anti-reflective sapphire glass.
- The watch also gives a 3D effect.
- It is a large watch with a 43.3 mm diameter.
- The build quality is excellent.
- The watch looks unique and is comfortable to wear.
- It is historically significant and worth the money.
- Some users find it too big for their wrists.
3. REACTOR Men’s 81003 Valkrye Classic Pilot Watch
The REACTOR Men’s 81003 Valkyre Classic Pilot Watch is another amazing product in the list of best pilot watches for men under $500. It is a big and bold watch with a specific classic flair that is missing in most of the other watches. The 50 mm (approx.) case along with the slide rule bezel completely dominates the design. It smoothly turns in either direction to perform an impressive array of mathematical calculations.
- Dial Type Analog
- The asymmetric chronograph design of the watch makes a huge statement and the 1/20th second fractional Chrono shows very precise timing.
- The watch is destined to become a classic one that is ready to travel along with you wherever you wish to go.
- Since the spring bars are the weak points of most of the watches, these watches don’t feature spring bars at all.
- Instead, the bands are attached using a solid and threaded screwbar that increases the hold strength by 500- 800%.
- The build quality of the watch is amazing.
- It is water-resistant to 200M (660 feet).
- They are well made and heavy.
- The watch is massive and the 50 mm case definitely makes a statement.
- It is a robust watch.
- The date window is easy to read.
- It is a highly scratch-resistant stainless watch.
- The watch misses dial backlighting.
4. Citizen Eco-Drive Chronograph Timekeeping AT8020-03L
This watch by CItize in another top-level watch available in the market and is loved by many users. It is a stainless steel watch with slide-rule bezel. The watch features a blue dial with multiple chronograph functions along with a date window at 3’o clock.
The Eco-Drive technology is powered by light and is ok with any form of light. This watch by the Citizen is known for the Timekeeping Technology with Synchronized Time Adjustment which is available in a total of 44 cities worldwide.
- Display Type Analog
- The yellow stitching on the strap accentuates the blue leather strap and gives it a stylish look. Along with it, the stainless steel case gives a sophisticated and fun look to the watch.
- Another amazing feature of the watch is it doesn’t have a battery. Because of the Eco-Drive Technology, it can be charged using any form of light. Thus, you don’t have to go through the hassle of replacing the batteries too.
- Other additional features include a countdown timer, calendar, dual-time, and a digital backlight.
- The watch delivers both look and functionality.
- It features All Reset function where you can simply reset all the settings when the watch is not working fine.
- It provides Atomic time in 26 world cities and radio-controlled accuracy in 5 time zones.
- The watch does not need a battery.
- The watch features a beautiful blue lume.
- It is water-resistant for up to 200 M.
- The watch is correct almost all the time.
- The spring bars are curved and the flexible 24mm band fits well.
- If you like huge watches, you might not like it as the dial is a bit small when compared to other pilot watches.7
5. Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Chronograph-JY8075-51E
The Citizen Eco-Drive Promaster Chronograph Pilot Watch allows you to flaunt a classy design at an affordable price range. The watch features a digital display pattern that is run by a Japanese quartz movement. This makes sure that the watch follows precise timekeeping capabilities.
This pilot watch is suitable for seasoned veterans and novice pilots.
- Display Type Digital
- The watch features a date window that shows the calendar day, dual-time display along with an inner chapter ring.
- The case of the watch is built using quality mineral glass and measures around 42 mm in diameter.
- The dial has non-reflective crystals that make sure that the display is easily visible in all the weather conditions.
- The band of the watch features a convenient fold-over clasp that maintains the sleek look and design of the stainless steel watch.
- The watch is solar-powered and radio-controlled.
- The dial hands are bright and easily visible.
- It shows 3 time zones at once.
- Watch features a sleek and modern design.
- It comes with a warranty period of 5 years.
- The watch is water-resistant up to 660 feet.
- The black dial of the watch along with orange accents is classy enough to catch the attention of the crowd.
- The watch has slight alignment issues.
6. Torgoen T16 Black Swiss Chronograph Pilot Watch
The Torgoen T16 Black Swiss Chronograph Pilot is one of the signature watches by the Torgoen. It has a clean looking dial and is designed in such a way that it is easy to read. This sophisticated Swiss watch has made the chronograph movement that can measure the time between two events along with a lapse function.
- Display Type Analog
- The watch features a blue undertone to the crystal that is visible only in certain lighting conditions.
- It also features large luminescent digits and markers that make it easy and clear to read the data on the watch even in low-light conditions.
- The double “O” ring crown gives the T16 water resistance up to 100 meters. The heavy-duty solid stainless steel buckle along with an Italian leather strap gives an elegant look. It is also comfortable to wear and durable.
- The build quality is good.
- It looks rugged and robust.
- It comes with a warranty of 3 years.
- The watch has a clean dial and an amazing strap.
- The watch is water-resistant for up to 330 feet.
- The dial is a bit small in size.
- The watch is not completely scratch-proof.
7. Seapro Men’s SP3312 Tidal PX1 Analog Display Automatic Self Wind Watch
Seapro is a new and exciting brand that aims at the active-lifestyle enthusiast who seeks the latest in stylish, rugged, and reliable timekeeping equipment. The SeaPro watches offer a unique blend of industry-leading precision componentry mixed along with innovative design engineering. The brand uses high-grade materials that make it one of the most durable watches in the list.
- Display Type Analog
- The watch is made using only premium surgical stainless steel, precision automatic movements, and high-tech synthetic materials. Thus, the watch can stand up to even the most rigorous weather conditions.
- Other additional features include Silver Skeleton dial, Automatic movement, Stainless steel case, etc.
- The watch is worth the money.
- It is water-resistant for up to 165 feet.
- It is a lightweight watch and is very light in weight.
- It has a rugged design.
- The strap is a bit flimsy.
8. Seiko Men’s SSC081 Adventure-Solar Classic Casual Watch
The Seiko Men’s SSC081 Adventure – Solar Classic Casual Watch is a smart looking watch with a genuine leather band with buckle closure along with a black face. The marks and indicators on the watch are easy to read in any light conditions.
- Display Type Analog
- You don’t have to worry about charging or changing the batteries as it is powered by all the types of lights. The solar cell used also offers high-performance electricity generation.
- Since the watch has a long power reserve, it offers energy-efficient movement.
- This chronograph watch has a brushed and stainless steel case along with a brown leather strap that makes it look stylish as well as rugged.
- It also has a compass style dial that features bright green luminous hands and markers. It is protected by a durable curved hardlex crystal.
- It is a top-quality watch at an affordable price.
- The watch is made using durable materials and this gives it a rugged look too.
- Since the watch is powered by any form of light energy, you will not have to worry about charging the battery.
- It is water-resistant for up to 330 feet.
- The build quality of the leather strap is not amazing.
9. Hamilton Men’s H77612333 Khaki ETO Stainless Steel Watch
The Hamilton Men’s Khaki ETO Stainless Steel Watch intends to pay homage to the design that early aviators preferred to wear. The watch is made using a stainless steel case along with an anti-reflective sapphire crystal dial window. The best part about this watch is it has bold numerals along with luminous markers that make the display visible easily.
- Dial Type Analog
- The Hamilton Watch is a very well made timepiece. The weight and the size of the watch is just perfect – neither too small nor large.
- Some additional features that make it an exceptional watch are SIlvertone Arabic Numerals, Silvertone luminescent hands, Sweep second hand for the chronograph, Day date dial at 6’o clock position, Estimated Time Over (ETO) scale bidirectional rotating bezel, Swiss quartz movement, etc.
- The watch is devoted to timekeeping accuracy.
- It looks vintage as well as fashionable at the same time.
- The Arabic numeral is an amazing feature of the watch.
- The watch is resistant for up to 100 M (330ft).
- Since the band is made using rubber, it wears out after a while and requires timely replacement.
These were our top picks for the best pilot watches under the budget of $500. We hope it helps you buy the best watch for you. If you still have any query regarding any feature of the above-mentioned watches, you can get back to us in the comments section below. We will be glad to help you.